Sunday, November 4, 2007

Searching far and wide for comfort

Chrysanthemum is not healing well and tomorrow she will be examined for further treatment. Chemotherapy is not recommended at this moment. How is she going to get well?

A friend will be helping her in the General Hospital while her husband comes back to Miri to look after the family for a while. Friends have been helping with household chores , sending the two older kids to school. The kids are sitting for their school examinations at this time of the year. Their grades will definitely drop and they will be deperate, thinking of their loving mother so far away, so cold in a bed in a big ward.

Trying to grasp at any possible healing, and possible comfort, I chance upon this lovely Native American Prayer for Healing...and it is worth sharing with you and for your reflection.


Native American Prayer for Healing


Mother, sing me a song
That will ease my pain,
Mend broken bones,
Bring wholeness again.
Catch my babies
When they are born,
Sing my death song,
Teach me how to mourn.

Show me the Medicine
Of the healing herbs,
The value of spirit,
The way I can serve.

Mother, heal my heart
So that I can see
The gifts of yours
That can live through me.


Native American



In different races, different communities , human beings call out alike for help from the unknown being. And that call for help is so resounding of faith and hope that it is felt in the very sinews of our bodies. And in this similarity that we share wherever we are,we are the same, in spite of colour,creed,status,and language.

We share the same path, walk the same winding road, and look for the same stars above, we breathe the same air, drink the same water and hear the same wind.

May we walk that path towards healing.

No comments: